Can I use video in my app?
Mobile optimized videos can be used with the app. Mobile Roadie supports the following platforms for viewing videos-
How to Import Videos into CMS
1. Login to your CMS and navigate to Build > Videos > Add Content
2. Select and fill out the information for the video service you wish to use. Select Save.
There are also options to provide the URL's for your own hosted h264 vidoes or importing an MRSS feed.
Once videos are added to the CMS you can choose from one of the automatic sort options to rearrange by newest or oldest. You can also select 'I'll sort it manually' to enable rearranging the videos via drag and drop.
Can I Stream Live Video?
Yes. You can import your Account from uStream or Livestream. For encoding live video with uStream we recommend the uStream Producer. For Livestream, we recommend using their Procaster software.
Why aren't my videos playing in the app?
There are a few reasons why videos may not play but if the videos can play on mobile devices then it will play via the app. Here are a few reasons why some videos may not work on mobile devices:
- If a Youtube video is not playing then it may not be set for mobile playback. Check the syndication settings in your Youtube account. Also, check to make sure the video is not set to private or it will not be viewable inside our Apps
- If you host your own videos then ensure that they have been encoded to meet the following specifications:
- Encoding - H.264 Baseline Level 3.0 .mp4
- Resolution - 960x640
- Video Bitrate - 256-500kbps
- Audio Bitrate - MP3 (MPEG -1 Audio Layer) 8kHz to 48 kHz
- Size - no larger than 10MB
- Flash is not supported on iOS and some Android devices may require additional codecs in order to play. For this reason we do not support Flash in our apps.
- Shortlinks for YouTube Videos will not work inside of the Mobile Roadie CMS or Apps. Make sure you use the full YouTube Video URL.
Please sign in to leave a comment.