The Ban User option in the Manage Menu allows users app moderators to ban the user from the app and remove all previous Fan Wall posts/comments. This is a useful tool to prevent a user from commenting/posting in the app and can also be a way to reset a single users points to 0.
Banning A Ban User
The moderation of users, comments, and images in Mobile Roadie apps is the sole responsibility of the owner of the app (not Mobile Roadie Support). Three things will happen when a user is banned in the CMS:
- The user is blocked from posting to the Fan Wall or commenting on content within the app (this ban only affects the commenting/posting. The user can still view content, login with their social networks, like content, share content, etc..)
- Remove all previous Fan Wall and content comments
- Delete all user account points
*NOTE* The deletion of user Fan Wall/content posts and the deletion of user points is permanent and cannot be recovered.
To Ban a user:
1. Navigate to Manage>Users>Comments and click the Ban User button
2. Confirm the user ban
3. Banned Users will show up at the bottom of the Manage>Users>Comments under the 'Banned Users' heading
Unbanning a User
Banned users can be unbanned at anytime in the CMS. When a user is initially banned, they will display under the Banned Users heading as 'anonymous'. Having the user sign out and sign back into their social accounts will re-populate their username and profile picture making it easier to locate the user.
To Unban a User
1. Navigate to Manage>Users>Comments, click the 'Unban' button to the right of the user you wish to lift the ban on
2. Confirm the unbanning of the user
Once a user is unbanned, their Fan Wall and content comment posts will display again in the app for other users to see and reply to. The unbanning of a user DOES NOT recover the users previous points. These would have been permanently reset to 0 at the time of the ban and cannot be recovered.