As of November 2016, All Android apps will need to be setup under client owned Android Developer Accounts (similar to the client created and owned iOS Developer Accounts).
New and existing Mobile Roadie clients are now required to create or use an existing Gmail account and upgrade it to the Android Developer Program where we can publish or transfer your Mobile Roadie Android apps to for release on the Google Play App Store.
If you have an existing Mobile Roadie app previously published to Mobile Roadie’s Android Developer Account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your Android app is published and available for user download on the Play Store!
See below for upgrading an existing or new Gmail Account to the Android Developer Program. If you do not have an existing Gmail account, or would like to use a new Gmail Account for the publishing of your Mobile Roadie Android app, see Creating new Gmail Account and Signing Up For Android Developer Program
Signing up For Android Developer Account
1. If you do not have a Gmail Account, see here to create this Gmail Account (email ending with @gmail.com). If you have a Gmail Account move on to the next step!
3. Select the ‘I Agree’ box for the Google Play Developer distribution agreement
4. Fill in the billing information to pay the registration fee for the new Android Developer Account
5. Enter the information for your Android Developer Account Profile
*Note* Developer name is the Developer name text which will be displayed on the Google Play App Store for all apps published under this Android Developer Account.
Setting up Google Play Merchant Account
If you are going to publish paid apps or apps (free or paid) with in-app purchases, you will need to setup a Google Play Merchant Account. To do this:
1. From https://play.google.com/apps/publish/, select ‘set up a merchant account’. Fill in the requested information on the following screens to complete your merchant account enrollment.
2. Inside the Android Console, select settings, then ‘Go to merchant account'
3. Inside the Wallet Merchant Center, select Settings, then Sales Tax. click the ‘edit’ button to fill in the corresponding sales tax information for the regions/locations where you will be providing apps