Knowing an app user’s location is a powerful way to understand and cater to your audience in a contextually relevant manner. Mobile Roadie's geofencing technology allows you to reach customers upon entering very specific locations by sending automated, contextual messages, allowing for frictionless and unique marketing opportunities!
Once geofences are enabled for your app, you will have access to create and manage these geofenced locations and notifications inside of your CMS under Engage > Promote > Geofenced Messages.
How to set up a Geofenced Message:
- Navigate to Engage>Promote>Geofenced Messages.
- Enter up to 128 characters for your geofenced message.
- Select the location for your geofenced message by picking a single point on the map, or simply enter an address to find the location, then increase or decrease the radius around the location.
- Link the geofenced message to a web URL or select from content inside of your app
- Click 'Save' to complete the setup for your geofence!
Push notifications are an effective way to schedule & send short messages to all or a group (based on location) of app users. You can feature in-app or outside content. When linking to outside content, we recommend you use bit.ly or another link shortener. And remember, don’t overuse push notifications. We recommend using them sparingly as users can quickly get annoyed and end up turning them off completely.
How to set up a push notification:
- Navigate to Engage > Push Notifications.
- Within the section, you will be able to choose the platform, target location or link your notification with the content.
After sending a notification make sure you check your statistics to see how your users are reacting to your messages.
If you'd like to promote a piece of media, create a popup promo that will promote the item of your choosing the next time your users open your app.
How to set up a popup promo:
- Navigate to Engage > Popup Promos.
- Upload a picture, select a time for it to run, add a message and button text, then and click Save to schedule it in.
- Once the popup is scheduled and running you’ll find analytics at the bottom of the page showing engagement rates per popup promo.
The mailing list section in your app is where users can subscribe to receive emails from you. Your most loyal app users will subscribe to your mailing list, enabling you to export their emails to use in your campaigns. The emails obtained here are great for notifying users about important updates, news, events, etc.
The list of your subscribers can be exported in a CSV file or you can always manually pick up the users and communicate with them.